Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My 50th Birthday Party

Here are some pics from my birthday party. We had a great time! My sister did all of the planning and decorating and my mom served a delicious meal. It was an uplifting party and I really do appreciate all of the effort they put into it. The first pic is me and my nephew enjoying the treats we found in our goodie bags. Yes, we had goodie bags made by my sister. Even the balloons had my name on them.

Here are a couple of pics of my son and daughter.

Aww, they love each other.

Below is a pic of my son with his girlfriend.

Next we see my dad relaxing after a Fantabulous meal.

Once dinner was over it was time for the festivities.
We started by playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey.
Here I am running away before the donkey gets me for sticking him in the ribs.

My niece missed the donkey all together. At least she got it on the paper.

My daughter didn't fair much better.

I guess my son didn't want to make his sister feel bad cuz he missed it too.

My mother did a little better.

And so did my dad.

My sister missed it too which obviously her daughter thought was hilarious.

But the winner was my nephew who hit the right spot.
It's nice to see the youngest of the clan win.

Next we moved on to decorating balloons.
I just couldn't make up my mind on how to decorate mine.

My mother sure had a good time.

Everyone looks so serious trying to make the perfect face.

As you can see we had lots of stuff to choose from.

My brother's eldest son is holding him back from taking my balloon.

My niece's turned out beautiful.

From left to right My daughter, my brother's youngest and my sister's oldest.
They did a great job!

And here's my creation. Do you think it looks like me?
Don't you love the third eye. It matches my hair going all a mess.

And here's the fab trio. My son is the one in the middle between his cousins.

Then it was time for CAKE!
They used the number candles because there was not a Fire Marshall available
and they didn't want the cake to melt.

Hoping my wish comes true.

Wait, don't take it away.
I started not to post this pic because of my belly but then
I noticed how it is no longer covering my thigh completely
and I felt good about the 150 pounds I have lost thus far.

Then finally I opened my presents and cards.
I am very thankful for the gifts I received.
You can't really see it but the buttons I was wearing had flashing lights.

I loved this one! It was a megaphone which read:

Over the Hill

*Easy to use
*Zero maintenance
*No Batteries Required

Never Fail
Hearing
Enhancer

Super-Duper
Acoustic
Booster

We all had a Fantabulous time!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails