Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Heathcare Reform: Politics as Usual?


I get so tired of hearing politicians talk out of both sides of their mouths. Especially when it comes from our leader. Our elected officials should tell us where they stand and stop this jibber jabber. I want to know the truth. Yes, I CAN handle the truth.

For example, AP reported today that Obama got it wrong when stating that AARP supported the the legislation before congress. AP reports, "At the town hall in Portsmouth, NH, Obama said, "We have the AARP onboard because they know this is a good deal for our seniors." He added, "AARP would not be endorsing a bill if it was undermining Medicare." But Tom Nelson, AARP's chief operating officer, said, "Indications that we have endorsed any of the major health care reform bills currently under consideration in Congress are inaccurate."

I guess, trying to manipulate the public to win votes is what politicians do. This leads me to my next question. Obama said that he's not going to pull the plug on grandma. Is this true? Well below I offer three videos. The first is Obama in Portsmouth, NH telling us how he is not going to pull the plug on grandma. The second is a short version of Jane Sturm asking Obama if her mother would have still received a pacemaker under the new plan and his response was basically that maybe she should take a pill instead of the surgery. The final video is the longer version (in context) of the conversation with Jane Sturm. However, I don't think it puts Obama in a better light. So you be the judge. Which is it? Under this legislation, will seniors get the care they need or will they be given a pill to dull the pain?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails