Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Friday, August 7, 2009

John Smoltz Dumped by Boston Red Sox






One of my all-time favorite pitchers, former Atlanta Braves veteran right-hander John Smoltz, has been cut from the Boston Red Sox. Living in Atlanta, I have followed his career for a long time. I was sad to see him leave Atlanta but understood. I remember when he won the National League MVP award in 1992 and the National League Cy Young Award in 1996. He has been one of the great pitchers in baseball and has earned much respect from all who love this great sport.

He was released less than 24 hours after he gave up eight runs and nine hits in three and a third innings in the Sox’s loss of 6-13 to the New York Yankees yesterday. He has not given up this many runs since he was playing for Atlanta against the Chicago Cubs in a no-decision game on May 28, 2006. The Sox have ten days to either release him or send him to the minor league.

It is my sincerest hope that John finds happiness and peace in whatever he may decide for his future. He has given me many hours of joy and should he decide to leave the game this fan will miss him. Thanks for the great times!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails