Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Welcome to Paradise


It’s Sunday and as I sit on my balcony I ponder all the wonders on earth. I enjoy the gentle breeze brought on by the tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico. It will rain today I am sure and I think about whether or not it will bring a good thunderstorm to light up the sky with all of its majestic and powerful energy. Last night the sky looked ominous right after the sun had set. There was still enough light in the sky to paint it with a layer of crimson and navy blue. It was such a beautiful sight as lightning flashed off the clouds in the distance. The rains never came last night but they are forecasting them to arrive today.

Then, I think about the mountains viewing a valley filled with fog and mist on a crisp autumn day. The colors on the trees are bright and full of life though they warn of the oncoming sleep of winter. I ponder walking on an old mountain road winding and reaching toward its peak. I gaze down into the canyons as a feeling of vertigo captures my spirit for a moment sending shivers down my spine. The air is so fresh and thick I can taste all its tantalizing goodness. I breathe in deeply to enjoy all it has to offer. As I relax I can see a small cabin off in the distance and dream of a life without the hustle and bustle of the suburbs.

My mind begins to wander as I think of walking along the beach on the wet sand feeling it scrunch and make way for my bare feet. I dream about lying on a lounge chair sipping frozen tropical drinks filled with rum and fruit slices dangling off the rim topped with an umbrella. I sit and enjoy the warmth of the sun and the sound of the waves crashing along the shore. I begin to people watch as they enjoy their day. Then as the sun begins to set I marvel and I am awestruck of all the beautiful colors that fill the sky. I watch the sun melt the horizon as it dips to its resting place only to leave a black night sky filled with stars to please my eyes.

Watching, feeling and dreaming I realize how blessed I truly am. My Lord is an Awesome God. I thank Him for all of the miracles in my life.


Hope you enjoy the video below.


2 comments:

  1. A good read.You painted some beautiful pictures with your words.You have a gift.

    A truly awesome and inspiring video.It moved and touched me deeply.Thanks Brian!

    "He spreads out the Northern skies over empty space.He suspends the Earth over nothing.He wraps up the water in his clouds,yet the clouds do not burst under their weight.He covers the face of the full moon,spreading his clouds over it.The pillars of the heavens quake,aghast at his rebuke.By his power he churned up the sea,by his breath the skies become fair,and these are but the outer fringes of his works;how faint the whisper we hear of him! How can we understand the thunder of his power?

    Job 26:7-9,11-14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perry,

    Thanks for the verse. It is a powerful description.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails