Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Monday, October 26, 2009

A Flying Car?

Meet the Jetsons. I guess the reality of everyone having a flying car like in the cartoon the Jetsons or the movie Back to the Future is not too far down the road.
Terrafugia has developed a street-legal airplane.


Terrafugia has completed flight testing of the Transition POC (Proof of Concept).
Introducing the Transition®.
Simply land at the airport, fold your wings up and drive home.


Fly a distance of 725 kilometers at speeds of 115 km/hour;
requires a special license to drive and fly.


The time required for the transition from plane to car takes less than 30 seconds. Vehicle speed 185 km/hour, range is 724 km on highways Vehicle is fueled with gasoline, and the price of the car is expected to be around $200,000. The first shipment will be in 2011









The Terrafugia Transition took flight for the first time March 5, 2009.
Be sure to reserve yours today at the Terrafugia website.
Also, don't forget to tell them to send me my commission check. LOL
I hope you enjoy the video of its first flight below.


3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails