Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Our First Pumpkin

Today we carved our first pumpkin for this Halloween. I think it came out pretty good. Now I say we but really I had little to do with it unless you call sitting back and saying you can do this or that counts. My son and his girlfriend really did the work. We, oh there I go again, they bought three pumpkins in all and are talking about going and getting another one. They say one of them is mine to carve so I guess I will try my handiwork. It has been a long time since I carved a pumpkin but I'm going to try to do one of those fancy ones, not too fancy though. I will post the pics once it's done. Here are the pics of the first one. They did do a nice job.

To learn more about pumpkin carving, roasting pumpkin seeds and the legend of the Jack-o-Lantern see: Blurt: Pumpkin Carving & the Jack-o-Lantern Story






5 comments:

  1. Very very cool!!! they did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they have made it a challenge, I don't know if I can do better. However, I'm going to try; look for pics here later in the week of my attempt at carving sumptin' fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA do a falcons logo lol~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I can get my son to draw it, I may be able to do a Falcons logo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the pumpkin! The heart is such a great idea and of course the dog paw print is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails