Welcome

Thanks for stopping by Oldman's Cantankerous Point of View. For more Cantankerousness visit my new blog,
OldmanBlurtsOut, My Cantankerous Point of View. Thank You!

Monday, October 5, 2009

The Worlds Best Kept Auto Secret

Wow! I never knew. I had to share this important information with everyone. A friend of mine sent this to me in a email today, I'm not sure why no one ever mentions this BUT it's probably because it's NOT true. According to The Perrin Post at Concierge.com the gas gauge pump icon's handle does not represent which side of the car your gas cap is on. There are some vehicles which have a little triangle next to the pump icon which points to the side your gas cap is on. Here's the email.





I have been driving (legally) for over a decade. One would think I would have noticed the little secret on my dash that was staring me right in the face the whole time. I didn't and I bet you probably haven't either.

Quick question, what side of your car is your gas tank? If you are anything like me, you probably can't remember right away. My solution is to uncomfortably stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look. If you don't do this in your own car you definitely have done it in a borrowed or rental car.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the gas station or put your neck at risk of uncomfort or injury.

If you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If your tank is on the left, the handle will be on the left. If your tank is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo above). It is that simple!

I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!

Why don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers? I don't understand why this isn't in the drivers ed manual? I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me? The only possible explanation can be that all these people probably don't even know!

Go out and share the worlds best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

2 comments:

  1. the right side & i've never noticed that either. Now i will have to check when i leave the office LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so look for a little triangle pointing to your gas cap, if you have one, and ignore the side the handle on the pumps icon is on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I have been forced to begin moderating comments because a spammer is attacking my blog. Thank you for your understanding. hAv a Gr8 dAy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails